10 Questions to Ask When Looking For Pest Control In Vancouver
If you have the unfortunate need to call in pest control, you are likely already under a lot of stress. You will want to hire a pest control company who will do a professional job and get rid of those pests for good. If you need to find a company dealing with pest control in Vancouver, what should you look for?
Here are the top 10 questions to ask to be sure you are hiring the right pest control company.
- Do you have a license for pest control? If a pest control company is licensed, that means that they will be up to date on the latest techniques. In Vancouver, some pesticides require a license to be administered.
- Do you have insurance? This will protect you in the case of property damage as your current home insurance may not cover work done by third parties.
- Can I see some references? Testimonials and references will provide you with an insight as to the reputation of the company. Of course, you can also look for testimonials online as well.
- How long has your business been operating? Established companies will have extensive experience in pest control. Of course, newer companies can also provide a great service and discounts. But, it is always worth checking credentials.
- What pest control approach will you use? You should be informed as to the planned method to eradicate the pests. This could be bait, sprays, granules, and/or traps.
- Do you use harmful pesticides? Most of the time pests need to be controlled using toxic substances. This could impact any residents and pets on the property.
- Will the property have to be evacuated? Depending on the types of pest-control methods, it could be necessary to remove all persons and pets from the property.
- Do I have to sign a contract? Some companies offer a yearly contract for regular pest control, for example in a Strata. For single family dwellings, this usually isn't necessary.
- What do I do if pests return? Sometimes more than one treatment is necessary to completely get rid of pests. Most companies will have a period whereby they return for free within a specified period of time.
- Do you provide a money-back guarantee? You should know where you stand if you are not satisfied with the service.